News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Correct Oil Breather Cap for 1959 Cadillac?

Started by Jeff Wilk, May 15, 2012, 12:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Hello all, quick question.  My Cadillac Master parts catalog states that the correct Oil Breather Cap for 1959 is the 3" high FB-5 from AC.  I have a gentlemen who is selling an NOS FB-5 and a FB-2.  He states that the FB-5 is black painted with a blue colored decal with Red AC logo and lettering, whereas the FB-2 is also black painted but with a black colored decal with Orange logo and lettering.  Mine is so beat up and has no decal so I have nothing to compare to and just want to make sure to identify the FB-5 correctly as it is possible that the two were switched in their boxes at some point. 

Anybody know for certain if the original FB-5 had a blue decal or a black one????  It is interesting that I have only ever seen the reproduction decals in black with orange lettering.......

Jeff & Noah
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Grant Owen

Jeff, See attached picture the Oil Breather Cap is NOS & it is correct.