News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1942 Brake dual master cylinder?

Started by gary griffin, May 15, 2012, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

Does anybody know of a dual maser cylinder for the classic Cadillacs?

Gary Griffin
garygriffin@Q.com
253 838 9900
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Jeff Maltby 4194

I have done this on a 49 and my solution should work on a 41-53.  Not sure about on a 38.  Basically, I designed and manufactured some special adapter plates that bolt to the frame and support a modern, dual circuit 1" bore Wilwood master cylinder (one configured for drum/drum set ups).  The specially manufactured bracket is powder coated.  The master cylinder uses remote reservoirs that I mounted on the fender under the 4" fresh air hose (mostly out of sight).

Initially I had purchased a disc brake kit for my 49, but it was crap and never worked right.  After I switched to this set up, all was great.

I could sell you one of the brackets, but I am not sure it fits a 38 Cad. Art Gardner

Gary do a search on dual master cylinder.  Jeffo

http://www.jegs.com/i/Wilwood/950/260-7563/10002/-1
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Caddy Wizard

I have a small  quantity of dual circuit master cylinder kits designed for a 1949 Cadillac.  The frames and brake set-ups are very, very similar between 1941 and 1949 that it should work.  I designed this for my own 49 fastback several years ago and have installed this on two 49s.  I modified it to fit on my current 50.  It should work with a 42 car.

The kit includes a custom engineered bracket that mounts a dual circuit modern master cylinder in place of the original single circuit.  The master I have used is a Wilwood unit made for drum brakes.  The kit includes the bracket, a special length brake rod, and some specialty hardware.  Price is $150 plus shipping.  Master cylinder and brake lines are not included.

Send my your email address and I can send you some pictures.  Or call me to discuss at 404 375 3750.

Art G
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)