News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1964 water pump leaking

Started by Tony Cassata, May 19, 2012, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Cassata

I have a leak on my 64 eldo looks like it is coming down the back side of lower rad hose. I put pressure to the system with motor not running, no leak, motor running  the leak comes down the back side of lower rad hose??? Looks like water pump has been changed a while ago???? Any suggestions? Thanks TC

dplotkin

You need a pump. Been there. Some advice: don't buy a reman pump. Send your out. Arthur Gould in NY is excellent and it will be the last pump you put on the car. I went through 2 remans from USA Parts, leaked just like yours, seal NG.

Dan
56 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Starlight silver over Dawn Grey)
60 Buick Electra six window
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
61 Plymouth Savoy Ram Inducted 413 Superstock
62 Pontiac Bonneville Vista
63 Chevy Impala convertable
63 Ford Galaxie XL fastback
65 Corvette convertable 396
68 Chrysler New Yorker

Tony Cassata

Thanks, whats his turn around time???? Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, spent all day chasing it ,new hoses , new clamps, just aggravating.

caddychap

Tony, just a word of advice. When removing your old water pump, be careful removing the bolts. They can be stuck in there pretty good, and can snap off if you don't take it easy when removing them.

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Plus 1 on that recommendation for Arthur Gould.  He's rebuilt several water pumps for me and his work is top notch.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Tito Sobrinho

I recommend also Arthur Gould not just for water pump but fuel pump too. My fuel pump came back as when it left the factory with a turn around of one week.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Tony Cassata

Thanks for all the Help. Hard to beleive you can't buy parts that work in todays world, I have been playing with old cars for years, nothing fits or works any more. You buy a new rear quarter and have to spend 30 hours fitting the dam thing, buy a rebuilt water pump and they leak????TC