News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

83 CADDY WAGON

Started by t walgamuth, May 22, 2012, 10:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t walgamuth

Anybody know anything about a few Cadillac wagons built in 83?  I found one for sale and am wondering about detail specifications.
Tom walgamuth

Retired Cad enthusiast

okccadman

A few different coachbuilders did them.  Post some pics so we can give you more info.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Davidinhartford

A few (single digits) were made each year by various coachbuilders.  All are made from stock sedans then grafting on a roof from a full sized GM wagon. 

i've come across several over the years.

for more custom Cadillac wagons see my Flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1158735@N25/pool/

t walgamuth

Thanks.   I'll try to do that tonight.  It looks like the back end of an olds was grafted on.  the taillights look like olds and there is an apparent weld at the back of the rear door jamb down low where it looks grafted on.  Looks very seamless though with the door shut, a little better than the ones shown as far as the roof line but the ones you posted looks like it has an old fashoned top and bottom hinged opening instead of the window that rolls down.
Tom walgamuth

Retired Cad enthusiast

Davidinhartford

Oooo!  you mean like this one where they don't use the Cadillac rear lamps.    This one is actually a Chevy wagon with the front clip of a Cadillac.   You can tell it's not a Caddy by the flipper type door handles.

Would love to see pics of your car.   It is always nice to see some custom coachwork.

t walgamuth

I am just considering it.  In fact it looks just like that one.  Can you tell me more about it?  It has a 4100 engine.  Can you tell me who built it and if it has the hd frame and is strong enough to tow with?  I realize the 4100 engine will probably have to go, but I like the idea of floating along in a comfy caddy.

Tom
Tom walgamuth

Retired Cad enthusiast

Davidinhartford

The HT4100 is a 250 cubin inch V8.     Despite being a V8 it is underpowered.   Towing may be an issue.

If it has the HT4100, then I am guessing it is a Caddy with a GM wagon rear body grafted on.   The grey one above is the opposite, a Chevy with a Caddy nose.   Which for you would be preferable as the 5.0 motor (or better yet the 5.7) would be better for towing.

Can you post photos of it or a link to the car forsale?  I'd love to see how the conversion was done.    It's hard to say who did it.  Sometimes they put a decal on the inner drivers door jamb.

t walgamuth

I'll ask the salesman to look.
Tom walgamuth

Retired Cad enthusiast