News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

source for '39 U joints?

Started by T Solberg, May 25, 2012, 12:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Solberg

Hello, I'm looking for a source for '39 U joints. Does anyone know if Coopers is still in business?
Thanks T Solberg #26743
T Solberg

Warren Rauch #4286

I see from your club listing that you have both series 61 & 75  cars. They do not use the same u-joints. But they do have a common source. Both were made by Mechanics (Borg Warner). I won't bore you with dimensions but the series 61 is part#114-3100 or without a grease fitting #114-3106 . The 75 uses #114-4100.  The newest car listing I found  Was Cadillac in 1949 . A better source would be International Crawler tractors , 64-76 (76 catalog)  . They list Mechanics joint series ( with the right caps) 3CL (61) and 4CL (75) for some loaders and pipe booms. I would also try companies that are in your area that work on power take offs or truck drive shafts. They likely can match it up. The odd thing about these joints is the caps. All 4 bolt on.  An expense option would have you buy 2 joints to get the right caps.  Good Luck Warren

Classic

NAPA shows the following crossreference for Warren's p/n's:
1143100   NAPA  PUJ 536
1143106   NAPA  PUJ 530
1144100   NAPA  PUJ 540
Suggest you take your old joint or a mating flange to your local NAPA store and see which one matches.
Also available at O'Reilly Auto Parts  - last 3 digits of part numbers are the same as NAPA.
Manufacturer is Precision (division of Federal-Mogul).
Gene Menne
CLC #474