News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cars & Cycles Against Cancer

Started by 78eldorado, June 11, 2012, 12:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

78eldorado

This last Friday and Saturday June 8th & 9th was the Ninth Annual fund raiser to help fight cancer, called "Cars & Cycles Against Cancer" which also goes along with the "Relay for Life" fund raiser, both of which are held at the old Eaker Air Force Base here in Blytheville, Arkansas. It's a great event for a good cause and does generate large sums in the race for the cure. There were a good number of cars, about 200 best guess, with all varieties ranging from a 1931 Ford Model T, which has been in this local mans family since it was first purchased in 1931 and it looks like it was just in the show room too. Since this is really about charity, new cars are entered also, lots of Hot Rods too. There were only five Cadillacs there including mine, there was a '59 Coupe , a '60 Coupe convertable with only 17K on her, all original, then a '57 Cadillac Ambulance and a '57 Cadillac configured like an Elcamino. But, there was a place called "Corvette Corner", must have been about 40 Vettes there. Wish it was have been "Cadillac Corner" instead. Here is my wish or challenge, for next year to have as many Cadillacs at this event as possible, I would think between those in the Memphis area and others in the Arkansas, Missouri and Tennessee that we could have a great turnout of Cadillacs. This event is normally held on the second weekend of June and only cost $15 to register in advance or $20 on the day of the show. All proceeds go to the fight against cancer. I will try to bring this up next year again as the time gets closer, but lets show those Vette guys that our Cadillacs are alive and well and also willing to help out for a good cause.

Eldorado Tex

78eldorado

The first picture is not of Caddy's but I had to post it. It's a beautiful '57 Baby Bird along with 3 Pony's, a Vette and GTO, all owned by the same guy and he has more at home. Second pic is a '60 Coupe convertable with only 17K on her. Third pic is a '59 Coupe, notice the Shelby Cobra next to her. Fourth is my '78 Eldorado. Fifth is a '57 Ambulance and Sixth is a '57 Caddy with an ElCamino type of back end. There are more pics is anyone wants to see them, just let me know. Hope to see more Cadillacs there next year, and also my '64 Comet Calienta.