News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

door trim questions on a 1941 series 62

Started by steve340, June 01, 2012, 12:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve340

Do the window cranks get a spring or a round rubber sponge between the door panel and the door frame? My car has neither and I think something should be there to hold the handle bezels tight. This is a 1941 model 61 4 dr sedan. Also, on another subject, is there suppose to be some kind of trim on the rear wing window divider? All I have is the thin metal post with an small oval hole at the top and bottom and I can see the side of the window channel, which doesn't look very good.

Steve Passmore

Most GM cars had a spring behind all the handles, My 41 convertible did, so did a 61 I parted out(I still have them) but others have reported a sponge ring in the same years and I have seen the sponge post war. These things may have been changed by past owners of coarse, perhaps Bob Hoffman or someone can chip in with information from the master parts book. Whatever you use, as you say something needs to go in there.
Regarding the rear window, I believe its a rubber strip.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

kkarrer

I have a 1941 6227D coupe and all of the handles have springs behind the escutcheons.  Also something to note is that the vent window escutcheons are smaller than the rest.  You'll have 4 of 1 size and 2 of the smaller ones.
Ken Karrer
1941 6227D coupe

pauldridge

Yes, springs..

I believe caddy_reproductions a vendor on eBay has them for sale.  Also you can get the rubber strip for the vent window from Steele rubber products (mine were missing also.. inexpensive, and a very easy install.. makes a huge difference
Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]

steve340

Thanks. I think I found them at Steele Rubber. They are $132 a pair. Does that sound right? The picture they have of them online is very small. Steele also list rubber grommets that go on the top and bottom but I don't know if my car uses them. I do have the rubber seal that goes between the glass and the division bar already.
I found 12 springs for the door handles also.

Does anyone know the type screws that are used to mount the wing window/division bar to the top of the doors? I need the size, length and thread style and whether they are countersunk type heads or round heads. I count 3 screws for the rear doors and 6 for the front. Are they all the same?