News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Info Sought on Roanoke, VA Cadillac Dealer/Distributor (1959)

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, June 04, 2012, 11:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The build sheet for my '59 Coupe deVille indicates Roanoke, VA origin. I assume this was the regional distributor. Was wondering if anybody has any information on who the dealer/distributor might have been at the time and it's successor(s) if any.

Any info would be much appreciated.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Just found & spoke with the Cadillac dealer in Roanoke Virginia called Valley Cadillac. Had a pleasent conversation with salesman, Evan who informed me that Valley Cadillac had been in business since 1952 with one ownership change occurring in 1966. He also tells me the business is still in the same location & in the same building since day one with minimal changes. He seemed pretty confident that my car would've had to have been sold there new since "ROK" is indicated on the build sheet and their territory was large. Naturally I inquired if per chance the dealership retained any sales records from 1959. Needless to say they're long gone. Dead end. :(

By way of interest he also told me the following: A little old lady still owns & drives daily- a 1967 DeVille convertible she bought new at Valley Cadillac and still has it serviced there from time to time. The car is white. Anybody down there seen her? 

Warren Rauch #4286

I can fill in a couple more puzzle pieces. In the sept 1948 Serviceman (pg 39) a new parts manager  was appointed for Valley Cadillac-Oldsmobile in Roanoke VA. So add a couple more years to the company.
  I have a list of cities with dealer codes from March 1955. ROK is Roanoke. It was in the Washington District(WAS), which also includes Baltimore(BAL),Bristol Tenn (BRS), Hagerstown (HAG), Norfolk (NOF). Richmond (RIC), ROANOKE (ROK) and Washington (WAS). Warren