News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 windshield wiper switch question

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, June 08, 2012, 07:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I'm asking for someone. I don't have the switch to look at. Are there any vacuum hoses going to the switch? Can the switch be taken apart & repaired?
Thanks in advance.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Bob: Here is a picture which should help you. Three ports- small one to small port on motor, one of the two remaining large ports receives the main vacuum source and the other port goes to the vacuum motor. The switch comes apart by removing the bottom cotter pin. I have never had to repair one.   Have fun   Bill

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hi Bill,
I was hoping you'd respond.  I passed the info on  to him.
Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Bill Ingler #7799

Bob: Tell your friend that when he puts the switch back together make sure the head of the cotter pin is in the narrow slot at the top back of the switch and then spread the pin apart in the large area at the bottom of the switch. With the cotter pin properly installed, when the wiper knob is turned, it will turn the bottom part of the switch and direct vacuum to the proper port. Please disregard how it appears in the picture of the switch as I just inserted the cotter pin so I would keep the switch together without losing parts.    Bill