News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2000 Eldo Drive axles

Started by Joe Albanese, June 08, 2012, 10:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Albanese

Need to change out both left and right drive axle assembles.  Driver side out and ready to install new axle.  c-ring was on male spline shaft inside transaxle housing - I removed it and placed the c-ring inside the female spline (on new shaft) in the respective groove deep inside the new shaft.  Cannot seem to seat new shaft into transaxle - like it gets to the c-ring and stops...   How does one seat the drive shaft into the transaxle until c-ring snaps into place??  Is it ok to hit end of axle to facillitate seating??  OR did I make a mistake by taking c-ring off male spline shaft inside transaxle (where it stayed when I removed the old drive shaft..  Thanks for your help - Joe
Joe Albanese

Dave Shepherd

Joe get some light grease on both rings and jiggle the axle around  and inward, should go in if they are still in the groove and the right size of course.