News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Question on 1970 front suspension

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, June 12, 2012, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I have to replace some bushings on my 70 Deville. They are for the inner lower suspension arm. I have the shop manual but it doesn't give the info I need because I don't have the "J" tools. Does the bushing flange go in  all the way up  to the arm, or is the bushing centered in the end of the arm? That would mean that there's a gap between the bushing flange & the arm & a similiar amount of bushing protruding from the other side of the arm. I hope I explained this clearly. Thanks in advance.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Dave Shepherd

Bob, I know what you mean Chevelles from this era look the same as to the bushing position, where does the oe one fit in the arm, I believe there is a slight space between the bushing flange and the arm.