News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

39 LaSalle hubcaps

Started by gsplitter, June 14, 2012, 11:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsplitter

I  have a 1939 LaSalle Convertible coupe model 5067.  I need the “half-moon” style hubcaps with the LaSalle logo on the cap.   Would you know of a commercial source or a club member who might have the hubcaps?  Used but in restorable condition would be acceptable.  Your assistance in this search is very much appreciated.
Best Regards,
Gary Splitter
CLC Member #20991
W1845 Alpine Rd
Brooklyn WI 53521
Gsplitteremail addresses not permitted

markl

Gary,
A good place to start your search would be Bruce Berghoff, fellow member and restorer of just these sorts of parts.  He routinely runs an add in the Self-Starter, and his Email is berghoff@chartermi.net  .  Got my 37 hubcaps from him after sending mine back to him and coming to the conclusion that they were basically un-restorable.  Also had him restore my bumper plates and center emblems.  Nice work, and you are dealing w/ someone that is very knowledgeable.

BTW, I would refer to these small hubcaps as "Baby Moon" style as distinct from full wheel (Disc) covers.  Though the cars often came w/o them, I think the addition of "Trim Rings" (available from Kanter) makes a great combination w/ the small hub cap.  To my eye, the small hubcaps w/ trim rings look better than the full wheel covers which were a more expensive option.

Mark Lowery, CLC #25216

gsplitter

mark,
Excellent suggestion.  I will contact Bruce.
Thank you,
The Best,
Gary