News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 Cadillac 60S Shocks Cross Reference

Started by ctc72961, June 16, 2012, 09:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctc72961

Has anyone has any success cross referencing a set of front and rear shocks for early ‘53 Cadillac, such as, Monroe or Delco, that can be purchased at your local auto stores?  I know they are available from the regular suppliers but thought someone might have had success with locating another source.  Best regards, Carl
Carmelo Costantino
312 Prospect Ave
Sicklerville, NJ 08081
609-462-7412

52Cadillac

I'm almost ready for my 52. The 53 should also work on mine. When I briefly looked around months ago. Appeared to be no problem. Did you have any luck? What did you end up with?
Found these gabriels on eBay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380519007472
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

signart

Most any good parts store will stock gas shocks for '53, as the application fits many other makes & models, or ordered by next day. Highly recommend Monroe Sensa Trac. You would be amazed.
Art D. Woody