News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 cadillac eldorado seville

Started by alv0995, June 19, 2012, 04:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alv0995

I am in the process of restoring this 1957 edorado seville. When I bought the car, it was running well, except it did not hold water, because two freeze plugs were poped out. Well after tearing the engine down, we have found that the water jackets on both sides are cracked from front to back. I have had it in two machine shops and they say that they can not fix it. This is a matching numbers car and I hate to change engines, as it is titled by the engine. Anyone know some place that can do this type of work successful. Also I got the build sheet on this car and all it says for trim is so, which I know is special order, but is there any way to find out what the special order was. It has solid leather enterior like the eldorado and I think that is why is just says special order. Thanks for any help I can get. Also, I removed the vinyl from the roof and it is very rusty underneath. How is the best way to restore it back. The rest of the car is rust free.
A. Garner

Steve Lachowetz (No. 25332)

You need to find a shop that does "cold stitching".  There really is next to nothing that cannot be repaired, all it takes is $$$
My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)