News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

70's Fuel Injection Connectors

Started by waterzap, June 22, 2012, 11:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterzap

For everyone with the 70’s fuel injection, found a replacement for the fuel injector connectors. Most of mine were broken, and they then come loose at the slightest vibration.
The company is called Connectors Fast.com

The store site is here

http://connectorsfast.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=be71b83198903f3893ede40379668044

The connectors that fit are called EV1. There is also a low profile EV1, but I did not try that one. I bought an EV1 connector off ebay first to check the fit of the EV1 connectors, and these ones are definitely nicer quality.

The connectors come with terminals and seals, so you can use our old wire. I posted some pics of these compared to the OEM ones. Make sure the half circle cut out part is on the TOP. I messed up two trying to get them to fit.

Just for the casual observer, you probably won’t know they aren’t stock. The only critique I have about them is that the terminals are quite small. In the instructions they show to crimp part of the terminal across the plug and the plastic of the wire. Our wire is too thick, so you have to crimp the whole terminal the copper part of the wire. Also, these connectors are VERY tight. At first I thought they did not fit correctly, they kept on falling off. The solution was to really press the connectors in, at least the first time, and it can be difficult with limited space. A way around this was to use an old injector to seat the connector the first time. After you connect and disconnect the connector from the old injector, look at the little tabs on the old  injector. Make sure they did not move up or down, and everything lines up.

When you do get them pressed in properly they sit very nicely. No more loose connections, no more connectors falling off.
Leesburg, AL

Gene Beaird

Cool!  So you clip the wire to the connector right at the connector, strip the wire back, crimp the wire to the terminals, put the terminals into the plastic connector housings and then plug them into your injector?  That's a TON better than having to crimp pigtails to the injector wire.  Thanks for the research!

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

waterzap

Thank you. Thats pretty much it. In the one pic you can see I replaced the one connector with one I got from the junkyard. Connector kept falling off. Had to use the pigtails. With the new connectors it just looks so much nicer.
Leesburg, AL