News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

38 Lasalle Speedo

Started by 1928isgreat, June 28, 2012, 06:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1928isgreat

Hi Guys,

Greetings from OZ.

My friends 38 speedo has died, and this is the speedo with the numbers printed on the glass.

I assume its a safe bet to say back in 38 the speedo innards came from the GM / Chev parts bin, and if this is the case can someone tell me what part number or year of Chev speedo we should be looking for.

More importantly would anyone know if there are some around, either used or NOS.

As always guys, your comments are most appreciated.

Cheers

Ray

Doug Houston

It's unlikely that the speedometer head that was used on a Cadillac that year, might have been used by all divisions.  It most likely was made in the AC spark plug plant in Flint.

I know it's a tad different to just give you the name of a shop near here, because you're halfway around the world from here. The name: Bob's Speedometer service, in the Detroit area comes to mind. That shop has been in business forever.

I wonder if someone fom Australia could be coming to the states, or possibly, someone from the states might be traveling there. The speedo could at least be carried one way that way.

Is Bruce Reynolds (Tasmania) traveling here this year?
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

Tom Beaver

Try contacting Bruce Berghoff, I got mine from him.  berghoff@chartermi.net or 231-889-3347  Also they appear on ebay quite often.

Tom Beaver