News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

$2,500,000 Eldorado

Started by rwchatham CLC 21892, July 04, 2012, 02:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwchatham CLC 21892

Anybody notice the add in hemmings for  the 59 Eldorado with the asking price of two and  half million dollars?
R. Waligora

rwchatham CLC 21892

Forgot to add the best part, the car is dissasembled!
R. Waligora

TJ Hopland

Maybe its based on the individual parts prices?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Quentin Hall

I just put it down to the fall in value of the once mighty US$ and the rise of hyper inflation. If the US Federal Reserve just keeps printing cash without having anything to back it up every time the US runs dry then you'll soon need $100 000 to buy a Burger King Extra Deluxe Special Combo Heartstopper Whopper, even without the Supersize Upgrade.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I want what that guy is smoking.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

The Tassie Devil(le)

I want to meet the guy that is going to buy it.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

David Greenburg

I think this car was being advertised a while back for $100,000 and in need of complete resto, which sounded pretty ridiculous.  But this is absurd.  Right up there with the guy in Hemmings who was asking $1,000,000 for his '81 Diesel Fleetwood.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

76eldo

Q,

Luckily, we do not have hyperinflation here.  Home prices are way down, interest rates are historically low, classic car prices seem to be way down except for certain exceptional examples.

I think the seller is just trying to see if there are any super rich nuts out there...

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

gary griffin

He must be trolling for a wealthy sucker?
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

waterzap

He puts it for that price, then his ad shows up first. Also, this way he does not really give a price. So if someone offers him $30k, he might take it. $20k, he might take it. You really have no idea what he wants.
Leesburg, AL

rwchatham CLC 21892

Now its on ebay for $2,500.000 . Amazing !
R. Waligora

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Can someone post a link???
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I really love the seller.  For $2.5 million you have to go to two locations
to pick up the pieces -- one in New York, one in New Jersey. You'd think
he would at least sweep everything up into a pile at one location.

To say he has a lot of brass, chutzpah or whatever is a gross understatement.  But, that's NYC.

But -- there is a "make offer" selection on the auction where you can put in
any number you wish.  Who wants to try first?

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Thanks Geoff.  I guess that's the same old triple green dog that's been kicking around for years. What a joke!

I wonder how much the owner really has in it? Or is he trying to get out of a REALLY bad investment?  Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

wrefakis

car was purchased at hershey as a yard driveable junk for 100k,it really is vin # 1,the prior seller at 35k for 10 years had asked me for advice on how to move it after upping the price back during the frenzy,I advised him to throw a nose on it,get it to start and yard drive,and bring it to hershey

imagine this,I list my car for 3.5 mil,you have the $$ and agree to buy it,I go to the storage unit to get the sold unit to deliver to you and it is gone,with a contract of sale and a deposit,I have a claim for the loss ??

R Schroeder

Only if you had some idiot that wrote you a policy on it...................ha
He probably wouldn't be working at that insurance company any more after that.

wrefakis

Actually,it is the mother of all sell signals,kind of like 1989 when bud ward and co were trying to push restored RESALE RED ones glued together for auction to 200k,from 90-96 straight down to 35-40k,    its funny I was doing this vin and SO research before GM even found the old records,but really at some point how much value the first,first red one,etc adds in terms of value I feel is more hype than substance,every year there is a first and last,  the SO cars that were one off's, I feel are special
as they can actually be one of a kind,but in the case of this #1 59 ebz,they made plenty of green bucket seat cars,and this car is not the first bucket seat cadillac,the 58 raindrop cars had them.
Its a shame about #1 though,would have been nice to have it fall into collector hands and be restored,but now I doubt that will ever occur

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If I recall correctly, this Biarritz had been advertised in Hemmings Motor News many years ago as had been mentioned in this thread.

However, that ad stated the car to be 1959 Cadillac #10 and the 1st Biarritz. The present seller is trying to drum up a lot of hype of the car being a "prototype" when in fact this is merely a regular production 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

rwchatham CLC 21892

I offered him 75K through ebay  but was turned down. I thought that was more than fair since the car is in pieces and with missing parts etc. Would be nice to see it restored by someone. I really am looking for my dream car though, as Bill mentioned a 1959 SO Eldo. if anyone knows of one please let me know.  Thanks.
R. Waligora