News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1951 Sedan fuel filler apron

Started by wrench, July 07, 2012, 12:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrench

I have tried to source this piece but have not found it. It is a die cut fiberboard apron that goes around the fuel filler neck where it mounts at the left tail light. I can fix this one, but if it is available as a replacement, i would like to do that  (depending on price, of course)...any info is appreciated.

Jim
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Jim,

I was in the same boat with my 53. I don't think you will find a new one, but they are easy to make. I got a sheet of masticated rubber from Steele Rubber and made my own using the old one as a templet. See description below.

https://secure.steelerubber.com/search_frameset.php

Masticated sheet. 3/32" thick rubber sheet containing random milled cotton cord reinforcement for front end splash aprons, etc. This product is 4 foot high, and will only be sold in 4 (four) foot multiples (4' x 1', 4' x 2', 4' x 3', etc...). Used on most models.

70-0645-45.....$ 7.30/sqf

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

wrench

Quote from: P W Allen CLC# 20193 on July 07, 2012, 08:13:30 AM
Jim,

I was in the same boat with my 53. I don't think you will find a new one, but they are easy to make. I got a sheet of masticated rubber from Steele Rubber and made my own using the old one as a template.

Paul,

Thanks for confirming this. Fortunately, I really only need to repair the ring that goes around the filler as the rest is still in pretty good shape...I will just reinforce the ring with some sort of fuel resistant rubber sheet, it will atually e an improvement as it will be easier to install it around the filler pipe neck...

Jim
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX