News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

58 Cadillac -Transmission cooling hoses

Started by 58CAD, July 10, 2012, 02:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58CAD

The rubber hoses running from the radiator to the transmission cooling lines are looking worn on my 1958 Cadillac. Does anybody have any information on replacement hoses for this?

I ran into the same issue trying to find the rubber fuel line from line to pump. Weatherhead made those replacement. Any info on tranny lines?

Many thanks!
Nick Radivan

Doug Houston

Recently, the radiator needed replacement on my 1996 Buick Roadmaster wagon. The transmission cooler lines were corroded to the radiator cooler connections. Naturally, the shop cut the metal part of the lines, and made a poor connection to the new radiator. They attached the new metal lines in the best manner they could, which was no good. These lines have a section of rubber hose in them, as many of them do.

Not long after the repair, one of the lines blew out of the hose, draining the transmission, and making toast of it. Naturally, though those lines are used on all versions of Chevrolet, including Cadillac Fleetwoods, GM hasn't supplied the lines for several years.

I asked the guys at Inline Tube if they could duplicate the original lines, and they said that they could. I took the lines to them, and they came back with the exact flex lines on them, as had been on the originals. They were not makeshift couplings as the service shop had made. You could believe that they had come from GM parts.

I'd recommend contacting Inline if you want exact lines as original, to see if they want to duplicate them.  If so, follow their instructions, and take it from there. Those guys can make ANY kind of metal or flexible line you could think of.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

58CAD

Thanks Doug for your help! That's exactly what I am trying to prevent. I can tell the lines are going bad and I don't want to create a bigger mess for myself trying to fix the issue!

I will get in touch with Inline.  Thanks again for your help!
Nick Radivan