News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct Trunk Arrangement for 1957 Series 62?

Started by Dan Koser, July 11, 2012, 11:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Koser

I'm about to put the trunk carpet kit in and wonder if anyone has a picture of how the jack and it's parts are properly stowed along with the spare tire. If so, I'd appreciate if you'd post is so I can get it "right."  Regards,  Dan

jst

Hi A couple of pics
JST
CLC #27640
USMC  63-68
1953 Cadillac series 62 COUPE

Dan Koser

I've actually seen the first picture on the internet, but I'm not sure it's right. On my '57 there are two places for the "U" shaped retainer....which makes me wonder if there are not two such clips to retain the longer "lift" bar. If there are two retainer clips, then I don't think the bar is meant to fit through the upholstered side curtain as shown. Also, the lug wrench is not retined at all in that image, and I'm wondering if it just lays on the trunk floor, or is there some additional way it is held in place? Regards,   Dan

Dan Koser

Quote from: Dan Koser on July 11, 2012, 11:57:00 PM
I'm about to put the trunk carpet kit in and wonder if anyone has a picture of how the jack and it's parts are properly stowed along with the spare tire. If so, I'd appreciate if you'd post is so I can get it "right."  Regards,  Dan
Just checking again.....does anyone have an idea of how the jack and handle are supposed to be stowed/retained in the trunk of a 1957 Series 62? Regards,   Dan

Walter Youshock

The first picture is correct.  The jack handle slides between the jack and the wheel housing with the socket end turned to the right, following the contour of the wheel housing.

I might have a picture of mine someplace or I can snap one this weekend for you.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham