News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Green Tremayne email

Started by okccadman, July 16, 2012, 12:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okccadman

I received a very hateful email from a company that deals in Carbon Offset credits and was wondering how many others (I saw a few familiar CLC names in the address bar) you did and what your thought on the letter were?

Here is what it says,

"Subject: You car collectors really piss me off! We need to save the Mother Earth!

Dear Mr. Polluter,

I've had it with you people! Global Warming is caused by car collectors like you
and you need to start caring about Mother Earth. Everyday living is destructive
to the Environment. One of the most important ways people can help save the
environment is to STOP HAVING BABIES. Another very important thing you can do is
to euthanize your pet. Our company sells Carbon Credits which are the only hope
of saving the planet.

Please visit our company's website for more information. http://greentremayne.com/Carbon_Free_Living.html

Don’t piss me off more than you already have. You’d better start doing the right
thing. For the sake of the planet, we need to act before it’s too late.

Namaste,
Daphne Tremayne
Vice President, Public Relations
GreenTremayne.com
"

Is this for real?  Anyone heard of this or these people?  I apologize for teh language but that is exactly how the letter reads.

Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

okccadman

Here is the second email I got from them,

"Dear Fellow Environmentalist,

Individual ownership of cars is destructive to the environment and is a
privilege that the government must strictly regulate. This is especially true
regarding so-called “classic” and “antique” automobiles built before the
introduction of catalytic converters. Our legal team is currently working with
Senator Meredith Bowdoin’s office to draft legislation that redefines car
ownership as a privilege and mandates that classic and antique car owners
purchase Carbon Credits. Under this new legislation, violators will face fines
and eventual automobile confiscation.

Go here for more information about our efforts to peanlize classic and antique
car owners. http://greentremayne.com/Urgent_News_Update.html

For more tips on ways to reduce your Carbon Footprint, visit our web site about
Carbon Free Living. http://greentremayne.com/Carbon_Free_Living.html

We need to act now for the sake of the Planet!

Namaste,
Daphne Tremayne
Vice President, Public Relations
GreenTremayne.com"
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

gary griffin

Hi Jim,

I just had to go to Greentremaine website and look around. I am for going to more enviromentally systems but she is  a Bimbo Airhead (I got that from her web page) wanting to ban NASCAR, pets, cars diesel engines and so forth.

Maybe if we could just ban Bimbo Airheads we would solve our problems??
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Chris Conklin

If this is truly the VP of Public Relations we have very little to worry about.
Chris Conklin

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Jim,

In the second e-mail Ms.Tremayne mentions “working with Senator Meredith Bowdoin’s (Maine) office”. I would forward both e-mails to Bowdoin’s office and ask whether the senator is a party to, or supporter of such unsolicited, unwarranted and hateful e-mails. In Ms.Tremayne's first e-mail she states: ” Don’t (sic) me off more than you already have. You’d better start doing the right thing.” If I received such an e-mail I’d let the senator know that I consider it threat and ask what she will do about this. If that doesn’t get a positive response, I'd investigate (google) who to notify about “eco-terrorism” threats.

It seems to me Ms.Tremayne needs a lesson in interpersonal skills.

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Chris Conklin

I'm not so sure the web site isn't a joke. Here's the VP's bio...

Daphne Tremayne is a graduate of Peconic Community College and holds an associates degree in marketing.  She is an avid yoga practitioner and assistant instructor at the Gaia Yoga and Women’s Holistic Wellness Center in Stirling Harbor.

I Googled her alma mater, can't find it. Since they want to ban all paper and use only downloadable books I would think the college would be on-line. And one of their/her initiatives... breath less!?! I think there's a name for that already, it's called death.

Slow Down Your Breathing
      It sounds silly, but breathing is actually a major source of atmospheric carbon.  One of the ways you can reduce your Carbon Footprint is to breathe less.  That's right, breathe less!  You're probably asking yourself how that's possible, but believe it or not, yoga is a great way to slow down the metabolism and reduce the need for excessive breathing.  If you're not already into yoga, consider taking classes at your local studio.  Soon, you'll be breathing less, and as an added bonus, feel much less stressed out!

Now, while reading that initiative, I'm sure you're picturing a blond woman... you'd be right. As a blond American male I can get away with that statement!  ;D

I HIGHLY recommend you read the section on reducing paper use. Especially the note about eating less and thereby reducing the use of toilet paper. If this is for real it makes it even funnier.
Chris Conklin

curly

I wouldn't click on those links!  The way the message is worded, it seem to me they are goading you into clicking the link. The site probably has malware or a virus in it.

T. Lewis

Leponthaut

I'm living in France, just one question:

Do you have many specimen like this one? or is it a prototype ? :o
if it's a prototype please erase it immediately, and if it's a specimen, beware that it will NEVER EVER come in France.
Thanks in advance guys  :P

Joe G 12138

There are bad people with malicious programs that scan sites just like this one to harvest email addresses for bad purposes. That is why I made a comment awhile back warning posters to not put their email addresses on posting replies.
        At that time, there was a car for sale by a new poster, giving NO contact information and NO name as required by forum rules. Members were posting THEIR email addresses, names,  and phone numbers hoping to get a crack at that car from the unidentified party. I commented, but was blown off by the moderator that it "was for the good of the club that someone can get that car" or something to that effect".
        Be careful with your personal information; there's snakes inthe grass!
       Joe Gibeault  (if you need my email, it's in the CLC directory)

Hankk17

"dear Daphne;  bite me.

Sincerely,

Hank K."

And as others have said, this is almost surely a targeted attack to get you to click on links that will deliver malware or viruses to your PC.  just flag her message as spam with your e-mail service and they'll go away.
Wherever you go... There you are

R Schroeder

Well, I personally have held my breath for 6 minutes,and have not passed any gas today, so I should be able to drive my car to the show this weekend.
Fair exchange.
Roy

Hankk17

I drove my '76 CDV 10 miles to work.. and then 10 miles back.. and then about 15 miles just cruising around after dinner.

I'm killing the planet happily... and think smart cars and prius' are laughable excuses for cars.
Wherever you go... There you are