News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Fleetwood Sixty Special Done!!!!

Started by dplotkin, July 20, 2012, 11:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dplotkin

After 11 months we are complete with the restoration of my 56-60. I bought this car from fellow CL member Charlie Petty at 2010 Hershey when my very sore back needed a rest and unbenounced to Charlie I used his car, under the cover of being interested in it, as a place of refuge. While letting my siatic nerve cool off I fell in love with this 82,000 mile original, complete and it turns out rust-free Fleetwood and took it home, or should I say, she took me. On the way the carburetor ingested some dirt & the front coupling in the transmission failed, but she pushed onward nevertheless and delivered me home safe. I figured she deserved a makeover and so last August I committed her to the shop and here she is. Wearing Starlight Silver over Dawn Grey (built Canyon grey over Dawn grey) and sporting all new plating there remains only some punchlist work to be done... touch ups & a vacuum leak in the wiper/throttle check/washer circuit. I hope to have her in Quincy MA for the August meet & she has been invited to the Hemmings Concours D' Elegance at Saratoga NY in September. She drives like a new one.

Thanks to everyone here who answered questions for me. Out of my 8 cars, she is my favorite by far. Hope to see some of you soon.

Dan
56 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Starlight silver over Dawn Grey)
60 Buick Electra six window
60 Chrysler 300 F Coupe
61 Plymouth Savoy Ram Inducted 413 Superstock
62 Pontiac Bonneville Vista
63 Chevy Impala convertable
63 Ford Galaxie XL fastback
65 Corvette convertable 396
68 Chrysler New Yorker

Caddy Wizard

Dan,

That car sure came out great!  After seeing the photos of the finished product, Pecos Bill is feeling a bit inadequate this morning.  Enjoy that car and I hope to see you and it next year in Quincy.

Art Gardner
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Walter Youshock

Simply GORGEOUS!  Charlie always had really beautiful cars.  I remember his green '53 60 Special. 

Can't wait to see it in Quincy!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham