News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1951 Cadillac Heater Control Valves.

Started by l4lasalle, July 24, 2012, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l4lasalle

Does anyone know where I can get a new or rebuilt control valve? That small part is holding up the summer fun! Model is 62 Series sedan.
Thanks,
Rod Olson
CLC Member 15736
R. Olson

EAM 17806

What year and model Cadillac are you referring to?  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

R Sotardi #11719

Jeff, this thread reminded me of a issue with my 1950. It is very hot in Arizona of course. I seem to getting a  bit of warm air trickling up through the defroster vents on the windshield. This occurs even when my driver pull vent is open, and air, albeit warm air, is rushing to the drivers foot well, which also is warm. No warm air is emitting from the under seat heater under the passenger seat. I checked all the rods under the dash for adjustment of the damper.  I removed the defroster hoses from the "in from heater" & "out to water pump" inlets and connected them. I wondering if the searing heat at the windshield & engine compartment is fooling me to believe my Ranco valve is leaking? I did this last week and haven't had a chance to take a long drive. Who rebuilds 1950-52s? How does one contact Delco Joe?  Ron

Jeff Maltby 4194

Here's another in Hemmings that rebuilds them also.

http://www.heatercontrolvalve.com/

You can buy the valve seal at Napa for $10 each.

Goggle is your best friend.  https://www.google.com/search?q=660-1000+service+repair+kit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500