News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Another missing part for my 1957 Fleetwood

Started by 57flw, July 27, 2012, 03:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

57flw

There is a remote filler for the brake system that attaches to the brake booster. I have this part.
I have the brake master cylinder also.
I presume there is a rubber hose that joins the two items. I do not have this but I would imagine some brake hose cut to length would do the job and held in place with hose clamps.

I cannot see how I can get the brake fluid into the m/clyinder. I think I must be missing a union of some sort.
Can someone provide the part I need or at least a photo of what is missing.

Many thanks
Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia
1957 Series 60 Special Fleetwood

Walter Youshock

Ken,  I will respond but I want to look at my car first so I don't give you incorrect info.  I think there is a diagram in the Shop Manual.  The tubing from the mc to the hose to the filler tube is either on the top of the mc or the back.  I can't remember...

OK:  check this listing:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Master-Cylinder-1957-57-Cadillac-BRAND-NEW-/221081774321?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33798028f1&vxp=mtr

The fitting on the top of the mc is where the small piece of tubing would go.  It's only about 4-5 inches long but I seem to remember it has a flare about 1" from the top so the hose and clamp can't slide off.  The front fitting is for the solid tube into the bottom fitting of the booster.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

57flw

Hi Walter.
I have included a small circle around the item I am referring to.
Check the photo out.
Thanks for your help.
Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia

David King (kz78hy)

Ken,

Here is photo of the  reservoir.  The pipe off the master cylinder will need to be bent to miss the rag joint of the steering coupling.  Mine is almost contacting as the shaft turns.

David

Note:
Your booster will be  rotated 90 degrees differnet than mine.  So the reservoir attachment will be a little different.  The Brougham's are always a little different.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Walter Youshock

Are you missing that top plate with the threaded hole?
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

57flw

David,
Many thanks for the photos.
They are a great help.

Walter,
No. I am not missing the top plate.
I am missing the solid pipe as shown in Davids photo 7811 that screws into the top plate.

David, I will use your photo to demonstrate to others of what I am after. Hope you don't mind.

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia

57flw

Hi Guys,

With a little help from my friends this is what I am in need of.

Can someone provide this!.

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia

Quentin Hall

G'day Ken, You got an Enzed store near you? that is an easy piece of pipe with a double flair and a fitting. Most of the original ones will be corroded and need restoring anyhow. Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

57flw

Thanks Q,

I will make that my first call tomorrow.
I think there is one in Maryborough.
I am in the throws of pulling my sheds to bits in search of the missing part. I am not in a habit of throwing anything out-- Well according to my Wife that is.
Up until this morning I didn't know what the part looked like but thanks to Dave I do now.

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia

Walter Youshock

It's easy to make a new one.  It's not like you lost a piece of chrome!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

57flw

With the members help and some great photos I have managed to sort out the missing pipe problem.

Thank you all.

Ken
Ken Francis
Hervey Bay
Queensland, Australia