News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Roadster parked out the front of the Waldorf Astoria NYC

Started by Ross Morgan #22943, August 01, 2012, 08:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Morgan #22943

Yes, it's true but I have to add that this was in 1931!

I was looking at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel website today and looked at the history archives. The 5th photo shows a roadster or convertible coupe sitting outside the Waldorf Astoria front entrance.  I did a rough side view comparison with a photo of a 1930/31 V-16 roadster and gee, it looked very similar!  The shape of the front fenders and the position of the rear wheel with respect to the rear contour.  This is wishful thinking I know -  I guess it could be another marque?

http://www.waldorfnewyork.com/photo-gallery/architecture.cfm?LinkToGo=architecture_1

Regards, Ross.

Quentin Hall

Dear Mr Morgan,  Incredible !!!! I have been studying this pic with an electron microscope I developed to further verify your claim. What's more pressing is that in the 6th floor window  is either a gunman in a maid's outfit with a gun disguised as a feather duster, ( or just a maid with a feather duster) awaiting arrival of  the Presidential Motorcade in 2065. Nevertheless we must not dilly dally. . .  we must get in the DeLorean time machine pronto and go back and set things right. Whilst we are we  there we have precisely 3. 12 seconds spare to loiter near the roadster and determine what it is . Time is of the essence my friend !  EeGads ! is that Marty McFly on a hover board just to the left of the sedan?
Doc.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz