News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57-58 Eldorado Brougham in Florida?

Started by Jameson, August 03, 2012, 09:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jameson

So I'm in need a person that lives in Florida that has either 57 or 58  Eldorado Brougham that is complete, as close to a original car to physically look at. I am currently at the point of putting all the electrics back on. So there are things where if you see it in person and not some pictures that some one else besides you took will make sense. The progress of this restoration has slowed big time since the original person that took the whole car and I mean everything retired.
      I live on the west coast of Florida in the town of Port Charlotte. The car resides there too. Willing to drive to look at and if can take pictures and videos of your Eldo Brougham. This would help us Tremendously. 
thanks again James 9412680969

Art Director

George Nolan in Florida has a 1957 Eldo Brougham that he restored himself. We're featuring his car in the September issue of The Self-Starter. His contact information is in the directory.

Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Roger Zimmermann

James, I'm sure you will get a Brougham in Florida to look at. You could look at mine; unfortunately, I'm a little bit far away...Anyway, if you have questions like "what is this part" I probably can help as I restored my #230 myself.
You missed the GN in Florida: there were 6 Brougham! (or 7?)
Good luck!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Jameson

Quote from: Roger Zimmermann on August 04, 2012, 03:35:12 AM
James, I'm sure you will get a Brougham in Florida to look at. You could look at mine; unfortunately, I'm a little bit far away...Anyway, if you have questions like "what is this part" I probably can help as I restored my #230 myself.
You missed the GN in Florida: there were 6 Brougham! (or 7?)
Good luck!

So how far do you live away from here? I'm willing to drive a good distance. And for the GN the car was suppose to finished but due to the man that started this restoration retired a year ago; now we are shooting for next year. Every nut and bolt has been went over and over. Everything came apart, and so for the two new guys on the car have to play detective with what the first guy did. He has a bitter taste in his mouth towards helping us.

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: Jameson on August 15, 2012, 09:42:21 AM

So how far do you live away from here? I'm willing to drive a good distance.
I'm living in Switzerland...Maybe a good incentive to make some vacation here?
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101