News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Fuel Line Routing

Started by Paul Phillips, August 03, 2012, 10:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Phillips

Wondering if anyone has or could take a picture showing the factory routing of the 5/16" fuel line over the rear axle area.  My car had this section cut out and replaced with about 2 ft. of rubber line as a result of an electric fuel pump addition.  I would like to re-do this properly while the frame is still separated from the body, but want to be sure to avoid interference with axle travel and other surprises.  It appears from what was left that the line should come over the frame rail in front of the front mount for the spring, near the hard line for the rear brakes, but I am not clear if it runs along the inside of the frame rail, over the LR shock, etc, or if it goes inboard of the shock and crosses above the axle (more in line with the outlet connection on the tank.

Thanks!
Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

LeRoy DeVol

Paul; I own a 47 Cad. and i believe the fuel line is the same. The line starts above the frame behind the front wheel, runs along the outside of the frame at the back of the fender until it gets over the frame past the rear shock, then it go's over the frame until it gets even with the tank. At this point it crosses over on the high side until jt gets to the tank. Make sure the line is not in contact with anything. I would make sure you use a steel line if possible. On my car i have dual exhaust system and i made sure to insulate the line from heat from the exhaust pipe.

Paul Phillips

Thanks LeRoy

My original line was in place from the engine back to the crossover of the frame rail by the LR spring/shock, but it was rubber hose from there to the tank. 

FYI, here is a 'mostly done' view of how I ended up routing to hopefully clear shock arm and axle travel, as well as provide better mounting for the aux. pump.  Still some cleanup and a new bracket to mount (that is why the shock bolt is loose), but hopefully the idea is there.

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout