News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where is this chrome trim from ?

Started by Philippe M. Ruel, August 16, 2012, 03:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe M. Ruel

I just came across a chrome part that looks like a fender or hood trim front end part. I received it, put (by mistake) together with parts I had ordered many years ago.

It is chromed pot metal, 12-1/2" long, 1/2" wide at its widest point. It features casting #9835100 and what looks like a 1960s-70s "Body by Fisher" emblem casting.

Although it was together with Cadillac parts, I don't even know if it belonged to a Cadillac. I cannot find any information on the Internet by googleing the casting number. Does anybody know ?
1952 60 Special in France.

mgbeda

I'm kind of guessing here, but I think it may be the molding that goes over the rear side marker lights on the 71-73 RWD models.
Can anyone else confirm that?

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Philippe M. Ruel

Thanks Mike, you may well be right (see attached picture).

Total length of the "visible" part is 11-1/2" sharp. Can someone confirm ?
1952 60 Special in France.