News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 General Motors Tour, Tacoma to Bainbridge Island, August 26

Started by Brian Laurance, August 21, 2012, 09:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Laurance

For the last few years, I've organized meetings of 1959 model year General Motors cars in the Puget Sound area of Washington state.

Last year, we had two 1959 Cadillacs -- both Sedan DeVille 4-window "flat tops" -- participate, and they were most impressive on our tour.

I'm confident that there are many additional stock original or correctly restored 1959 Cadillacs located between Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, British Columbia, and I would love to extend an invitation to the owners of these cars. 

I am not a CLC member (1959 Buick Electra owner here), so do not have the roster, and I'm not asking anyone to share roster listings with me.  I am simply posting in hopes that some 1959 Cadillac owners here in the Pacific Northwest will see the topic and drop me an e-mail.  Or, if you know of any '59 owners who might be interested, feel free to pass along my contact information to them.  I realize that this is very late notice for any owners whom we're contacting for the first time, but it's always worth a try!

This year's 1959 General Motors tour, which we call the "Imagination in Motion Tour", begins in Gig Harbor, Washington and winds through the beautiful two-lane highways to Bainbridge Island.  We'll be traveling in areas with remarkable views of Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline, but will drive a leisurely pace on roads with light traffic.

Contact me at brianL@americanconstco.com or 253-678-4244 if you are interested.

Here are a couple of images from last year's event, showing the '59 Cadillacs on hand:

62droptop

wow,looks like a great time

makes me want to buy a 59 gm and drive a few thousand miles west

Brian Laurance

62droptop, I love your signature and the fact that you drive your car!

We've discovered that it's much more fun driving these old cars than baking in the sun at a car show.  In a way, we're staging our own rolling car show; the public loves it, and we don't have to compete with the Chevelle owners for attention!

Racer81x

S. Leist

62droptop

Quote from: Brian Laurance on August 23, 2012, 05:16:46 PM
62droptop, I love your signature and the fact that you drive your car!

We've discovered that it's much more fun driving these old cars than baking in the sun at a car show.  In a way, we're staging our own rolling car show; the public loves it, and we don't have to compete with the Chevelle owners for attention!

today, i strapped 4 kids seats in the old girl and did a 130 mile trip with a buddy and 4 little ones,and my once white interior may be slightly less white after today,oh well

had to park in a slightly muddy field too when we got to our destination and  bruised more than a few bugs on the way home

absolutely a great day
i love the way people look at me when i am flying down the road,usually passing them ,specially when i am pulling a trailer or another one of my toy cars down the highway

these great cars were meant to be drivem,maybe not quite as hard as i drive mine, but i dont hear my car complaining at all

love seeing all the buicks together too,must be a real traffic stopper tour