News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Horn Pad "Chrome" trim, '67 Eldorado

Started by joeinbcs, August 26, 2012, 01:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeinbcs

Hi all,
The simulated chrome trim around the edge of my horn pad has shrunk and I need to replace it.
Anyone know of a source for this?
Thanks, Joe
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
College Station, TX  77845
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

1967 Eldorado, Atlantis Blue Firemist (slick top), Blue leather.

joeinbcs

Hey guys (and ladies),
I still haven't figured out how to fix the trim around my horn pad.
I had the thing redyed as some of the red had come off, but the simulate chrome outline is shot.
I've tried "chrome" pinstripe, but it can't make the curves in the side portions without bunching up and looking crappy.
I know there must be a lot of people with this problem...hasn't anyone come up with a solution?
Thanks, Joe
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432

Antoni Deighton

Joe,

I'm still looking for a solution myself. On my car it appears that the chrome is a little strip of self-adhesive metalized paper. I can't find a solution that's narrow enough to fit in the groove on my horn pad, and my cutting skills are not sufficiently advanced to create one!

I too would love to find and answer. I'm sure someone on the board has done this before!

A.
Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)

R Schroeder

Might look better just removing it all together, until you find out what you can do.
Roy

joeinbcs

Yes, I removed mine.  I had Leather Menders respray it because some of the red had worn off.  It looks fine, but is missing something without the "chorme" outline.
I'm thinking just about anybody with a '67 or '68 (I think they're the same) has this problem!
Joe Northrop
9633 Whispering Ridge
joenorthrop@yahoo.com
979-324-6432