News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1948 Convertible Top Operation

Started by jgf, August 29, 2012, 01:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgf

I'm trying to find out if the rear window on a 1948 Series 62 Convertible needs to be lowered before attempting to lower the top.  Owner's manual along with shop manual makes no reference.   Does anyone know for sure what is correct?

Thank you
jgf

49 Convertible

Having had show a quality 48 and now a 49 convertible , both with the glass rear window I can tell you I have never unzipped the part of the top holding the window.  I would suggert that you always remember to use a strap to hold the top frame rigid when the top is down,  The strap goes from the footman's loop on the rear of the seat back to the slot in the top frame just behind the top latch handle.  Fold you top and roll as suggested in the owner's manual

HD
Herman Desser
clc # 19416

jgf

Thank you for your response.  It sounds like what you have been doing works, however, are there written directions that tell you about the rear glass during the lowering of the top?

Frank