News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959-1960 coupe deville rear window interior blind?

Started by 1960 coupe de ville, August 30, 2012, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1960 coupe de ville

Hi All
        Just wondering if anybody knows if a rear interior blind was an option on the 59-60 coupe or is there someone making them to suit or will I have to make my own?
Thanks Jason.
Jason Gendrolius.

quadfins

I suspect they were aftermarket.
I remember seeing some cars with them, when I was a kid, but don't remember if those cars were Cadillacs.
There is no mention of them in the 1961 sales literature, but I can't speak authoritatively for '59 or '60.
If Hemmings has no listings (which I doubt, anymore), try your local home decorator store. They might be able to make something that fits. Installation would be another story...

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Jeff Wilk

Was not an option in 59. My 59 fleetwood was a las vegas car when i bought it. It had custom sun shades installed all around (except the windshield of course). The pass side was one long roll up blind whereas the drivers side was a two piece. The entire rear windshield was a one piece made with a custom frame and snap system.  Material is neat. Black on the inside and silver shiny on the outside with hundreds and hundreds of tiny perfs so you can see through from the inside but the sun is reflected on the outside.   Still have them up in my loft for some reason, but not factory options.

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville