News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 Eldo Headlight Switch Removal

Started by Carl Glass, August 31, 2012, 10:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Glass

I'm following the instructions from the shop manual, but I'm having difficulty removing the headlight switch assembly.  I'm adding the Twilight Sentinel and Guidematic parts and wires.  And checking the condition of the vacuum hoses.  Here's where I am.

The lower dash panel is removed.  Easy.  Vacuum lines are just out of reach, can't disconnect them now like it says.

First long head screw removed.  Couldn't find the air conditioning hose that is supposed to be removed.  Second long head screw removed.  But now the switch assembly won't come out.  It is supposed to slide rearward.  It seems like its hitting something metallic.  Maybe its just a misalignment in there?  Anyone done this?

HELP
Carl Glass
'68 Eldorado, cruise control, climate control, am/fm stereo, tilt/tele, 6-way bench, and vinyl roof.  Would love to add the twilight sentinel, guide-matic, power door locks, right hand mirror, headrests, and floor mats.  And how about leather buckets?  Oh, and pull the vinyl top.