News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Member 1970 Coupe deVille

Started by Cristofo, September 02, 2012, 06:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cristofo

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum but a long time Cadillac lover.  I happened to meet a member today (Joe) that recommended this site so I registered when I got home.  He had a 1964 Sedan deVille which was really nice (all original).  I've had a 90' Sedan deVille that i've owned for about 4 years now, but me and my father just purchased a 1970 Coupe deVille, Sable Black (19), Black Vinyl Top (K) with Medium Blue Dubonnet Cloth (320).  Previous owner had this car in his family since new.  His father bought it new and passed it to him 31 years ago.  It was garage kept up until about 6 years ago and is all original except the factory radio.

Chris Palantino

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Welcome aboard Chris!!

Nice Coupe Deville!

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

C.R. Patton II

Hello Chris

Welcome to our Forum. We hope you will find a region close to your area to join for comraderie and fun.

Nice car!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

okccadman

Welcome!  1970 Coupes de Ville are some of my favorites and yours is a looker!
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Richardonly

Hello Chris,

Beautiful car and a hearty "WELCOME!"

Post some additional pics when you have a chance.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Chris ,
   I had a 1970 Coupe De ville , Gold with the Black interior . I owned it in the 70's . When the gas shortage hit in 1973 i went the other way . while most people were selling the big cars I sold my Vega GT and purchased the 1970 Cadillac . and till this day it was the best car i have ever owned .The feel , the drive , the power , and the comfort of that car was amazing . Good luck with the car , this forum is the best thing you can invest in if you love your Cadillac .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Cristofo

Thanks everyone, I will be joining the "Valley Forge" chapter close to Philadelphia in the near future.  I believe that's the closest one to my location.

I love Cadillacs...I learned to drive in my dad's 92 Deville, then finally took my DL test in a 95 Deville so it only makes sense. :)

Here's a few more I took yesterday...

76eldo

Welcome. I'm a member of the Valley Forge region too.
Love those '70's.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Welcome Chris. Handsome car and the right color too!  ;D
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

R Schroeder

Nice looking car Chris. Welcome.

Eric, black is not a color...............yuk yuk
Had to pick on him. He likes black.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Roy Schroeder on September 03, 2012, 11:53:19 AM
Nice looking car Chris. Welcome.

Eric, black is not a color...............yuk yuk
Had to pick on him. He likes black.

What me Roy? Perish the thought!  ;D
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

76eldo

White is not a color. Black is a combination of all colors.

Nothing like a black Cadillac!

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Cristofo

Ha figures I have a Cotillion WHITE 90 and a Sable BLACK 70.  Personally I've always loved Black on just about any car, but there is something about a Black Cadillac that is just perfect.  I almost feel the same about White and that White Diamond Pearl makes just about every Cadillac in 90's through today look amazing especially with whitewalls/vogues.  I do like other colors and I can appreciate a real "color" but I'm drawn to blacks, whites and greys so I probably fall into the boring section.

Thanks for the kind words!

Gene Beaird

Beautiful car, Christopher! 

It looks like there may be some rust bubbling up at the bottom of the rear window, under the vinyl.  That was common on cars of that era, especially those with vinyl tops.  You might want to verify and fix it if it's there, before it became a real issue. 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Cristofo

Quote from: Gene Beaird on September 04, 2012, 11:13:01 AM
Beautiful car, Christopher! 

It looks like there may be some rust bubbling up at the bottom of the rear window, under the vinyl.  That was common on cars of that era, especially those with vinyl tops.  You might want to verify and fix it if it's there, before it became a real issue.

Good eye, yes I believe it does have some rust under the vinyl beneath the rear window.  Currently water does get inside the vehicle if left in the rain.  Do to this never being addressed by the previous owner, the interior (rugs/seats) need to be replaced.  The dash and door panels are in great shape, but need a deep cleaning.  I've already ripped out more than 50% of the rug, leaving just the front seat area covered for now.

We're currently thinking about how to approach the rear window but I think ultimately the vinyl will need to go.