News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Just bought 31 laSalle 345a convertible coupe, need advise , help appreciated

Started by charles in Maine, September 02, 2012, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charles in Maine

Please assist a first time owner of a great original car,  my new 31 laSalle radiator cap gasket is of cork and I can replace,  need to know the correct placement of the gasket, is the domed disk on top of the gasket or should it be below it in cap. Is cork correct,  thanks for any assistance.

Would also like to find source for floor mats for driver floor.  Possibly a new radiator cap or nos.

The internal order of my existing cap gasket and disk biggest priority.

Thanking you in advance for assistance.. Just a babe in the woods.

I will post a photo of my 31 soon

Charles in maine

C.R. Patton II

Hello C.C.

If you were a woman I would kiss you because you not only purchased a nice car but you bought a wonderful LaSalle.

You should do the following
(1) Join a CLC region and national organization asap
(2) Purchase an Authenticity Manual for your class/vehicle
(3) Obtain the data information from your vehicle identification number
(4) Contact Fred Zwikker

I look forward to seeing your LaSalle at the Boston Grand National in 2013.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

charles in Maine

Many thanks for the wonderful welcome . Yes the 31 345A conv. Coupe is most original
And I have been trying to purchase the vehicle for 25 years. Aside from my radiator cap
Issue, an incorrect rumble seat handle and a few minor details I am so so pleased with
The vehicle that still sports its original paint and beautifully aged patina.

Visit.  www.owlshead.org click on auction to view the vehicle.

Many thanks,

Charles