News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fleetwood Progress

Started by Jeff Wilk, September 04, 2012, 12:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Major work got done this long weekend with all three of my children helping out.   ;D  First picture is of the new "Painting Tent" we constructed in the Garage with the car up on the lift so we could paint the underside without getting the '33s covered in overspray.  The next picture is my son and daughter after we pulled the engine a week or so ago.  The next picture is Noah working on the final taping and masking of the firewall for the final frame rail painting.  And the last picture is of the completely stripped, rebuilt, and painted firewall, transmission tunnel, and entire front suspension. 

We also finished the engine reseal and paint, and my oldest son joined us and showed us how to do a thorough reseal kit on our Transmission, which when finished we also repainted.  Next weekend we hope to reinstall both the engine and trans, and then start the rest of the reassembly.

Jeff & Noah, and Katherine, and Alex.......... :) :) :)
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

curly

Looks good!
Is that a dual master cylinder I see?

T Lewis

Jeff Wilk

Very good eyes!!!  After my brakes failed from a blown wheel cylinder i decided to replace every last piece AND upgrade to a dual.  Basically a bolt on change with a very minor line configuration change

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville