News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

"Pertronix" on the flathead?

Started by Andrew Zizolfo, September 07, 2012, 10:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Zizolfo

Has anyone out there had any experience with the "Pertronix" conversion on the flathead Cadillac engines? I'm looking for some real world feedback before I venture into it on my '40 LaSalle. I've heard a lot of good reports on the overhead applications.
Thanks in advance,
Andy Zizolfo - CLC 5011

TonyZappone #2624

I have had Pertonix on my 47 and 58 for the last 7 or 8 years.  No problems.  works great.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

kkarrer

Yes, you can get a 6v or 12 version and you can use the shielded cable on the new coil (get the black one) if you have that like the 41 Cadillac does. I like it because, if you do it right, you can't tell it's there and it works great.  I've used them on at least half a dozen restorations with no problems and great performance improvement.
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

LeRoy DeVol

Your other posts about pertronic ignition systems is correct. I have a 47 Caddy and with pertronic  ignition for 6 years and 25,000 miles , no problems. The best  part is you can only tell it's there by the fact there is 2 wires from the disturber to the coil.

Lee DeVol