News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New Member With 70 Coupe Deville

Started by aod92, September 09, 2012, 06:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aod92

Hey guys, I'm a new member here and wanted to say hi. I just bought my first Cadillac which is a 70 Coupe deville convertible. White exterior with black interior. Where are good places to get parts for this car? I have a original parts group catalog, but not to many parts for my 70. I Would really like to find the factory radio for this car since mine doesn't work. Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Phil,

Welcome to the Cadillac and LaSalle Ownership brigade.

The best investment you can make is to purchase a Workshop Manual, and these come up all the time on Ebay.  And you will most probably find a Radio there as well.

One thing you could do is have your own radio checked out by a radio repairman.   Does it turn on?   Does the aerial go up and down?   Is the fuse blown?   Could be a number of things.

Plus, to be specific, it is a Convertible, not a Coupe, as the Coupe has a hard roof.

As far as other parts, what do you think you are going to need?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon