News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Steering wheel restoration

Started by KD, September 13, 2012, 04:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KD

Where is a GOOD steering wheel restorer in AZ or surrounding areas.
I need my 1940 banjo steering wheel done and it needs chroming also.I have a chrome shop here but I'll need someone that has a mold for my steering wheel if I remove all of the wheel material.
Thanks KD CLC#26809
Ken Dennison

1935 Auburn S/C Cabroilet
1940 Cadillac V16 7 passenger Imperial Sedan (9033)
1929 Ford Closed Cab Pick Up
1960 Austin Healey Sprite

C.R. Patton II

Hello Ken

Glad to hear you are improving you vehicle.

I recommend Bruce Berghoff.

All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

kkarrer

Ditto.  Bruce redid my 41 wheel and it's perfect.
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

KD

Thanks, guys
I just sent Bruce a message.
I'll post some pics when I put the body on the frame. The body is FINALLY painted. I'll pick it up Wednesday or Thursday. It just has to be buffed.
KD CLC#26801
Ken Dennison

1935 Auburn S/C Cabroilet
1940 Cadillac V16 7 passenger Imperial Sedan (9033)
1929 Ford Closed Cab Pick Up
1960 Austin Healey Sprite

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

Ken...Nice speaking with you this evening and I look forward to receiving your core . I'm glad you're so excited about learning that those banjo spokes are stainless steel and will arrive polished , and won't necessitate a trip to the chrome shop for plating. bb