News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Wheel

Started by bjstark19, September 19, 2012, 10:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjstark19

I am new to this and need a little help. I recently bought a 1960 convertible and it has a bent wheel. Any help where I can get one and what years are the same. It is 15X6 with the large valve stem opening. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

Warren Rauch #4286

The wheel you need is Cadillac #146 9869. It fits 1957-60 all models except Sabre wheel and series 75 & CC. The Sabre wheels are a chrome faced wheel that is half aluminum. The big series( 75 & CC) is harder to tell. It looks the same and should fit,but is made of a thicker gauge metal. It  will also have a small hole drilled in the web ,that the proper wheel doesn't.
Where to get? Try wanted in this forum. Try specialized junk yards. They advertize in Hemmings and in the Cadillac Club Self Starter . Warren

62droptop

can you use the spare for now and keep the bent one for a spare until you come across one?