News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 two stage carburetor

Started by 1940 lasalle man, September 24, 2012, 06:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1940 lasalle man

Can someone please tell me were the three connections go on a 1940 two stage carburetor. Thank you M McDonnell

Fred Pennington 25635

If you have an original Carter WD-0 carburetor your line connections are as follows
Small vacuum line at the base goes to the distributor vacuum advance.
The fuel line is connected to the top of the horn
There is a vertical vent screwed in the horn, a vent line is run from there to behind the engine and is a vent to help vapor lock
If you have a Stromberg carb from a Cadillac the connections are the same but the fuel line connects to the firewall side of the carb and there is a line from the choke to the exhaust manifold

Hope this is clear and helpfull

Fred P.
Fred Pennington, CLC 25635
1940, LaSalle 5019
1940 LaSalle 5019 parts car
1968 Ford Bronco
1973 Mustang Convertible
2012 Shelby GT500

1940 lasalle man

Dear fred
    In my latest correspondence I asked about the connections for a two stage carburetor; what I wanted to find out was the connections for a two stage fuel pump. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thak you M McDonnell

harry s

The connections on the top of the fuel pump are for fuel, the outer one is the inlet and the inner one is the outlet to the carb. The bottom connections are vacuum. The outer one connects to the intake manifold right in front of the carb and the inner one goes to the windshield wipers.  Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

1940 lasalle man