News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where can I get connector for Climate Control Computer on 79 Seville?

Started by Gene Beaird, September 24, 2012, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Beaird

If you've reviewed my other posts regarding the joy I've had getting the HVAC on our 79 Seville working again, you know the electrical connector is damaged and needs replacing.  Does anyone know what different cars the Climate Control Programmer came on, so I can ask for that part from people parting cars, or in case I stumble across one at a junk yard?  Does anyone know if that connector is available new?  Does anyone have one spare they'd not feel bad about selling?

This is the male connector that the wires clip into so you can plug the harness into the CCP.  The part of the harness around the big brown wire is melted.  Thank you.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Scot Minesinger

Call Cadillac Tim in Iva SC (google search).  If he does not have the part, he will know how to get it quickly.  Alternatively USA Parts may also have this part as well.  Tim concentrates on climate control, so he has quite specific knoweldge.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Gene Beaird

Scot,

Thanks.  I did.  He doesn't have any connectors in stock, but gave me a list of cars to look for in junk yards and parking lots.  ;-)

From Tim:

"All 1974-76 models, 1977-78 Eldorados, and 1977-79 Sevilles."

I'll be on the look out now.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873