News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 DeVille convertible seats

Started by rut55, September 28, 2012, 02:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rut55

I just bought a set of seats from a junkyard in NC and have a question. All the seats I've seen for a 68 have a pull strap on the back and these don't. They have a chrome release button on the outer edge of the seat back and no headrests. I suspect they may be just the base seats. The original seats were MIA and so I just want to make sure
Chuck Rutledge
CLC #19521
Chuck Rutledge

jagbuxx #12944

rut55,
I think you will find that the seats would be from a '67. Straps were fitted to I think Calais series as well in '68.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

rut55

Since i already have the seats, is the only difference the front seat backs? Maybe I can work something out since I was told they were from a '68.
Chuck Rutledge
Chuck Rutledge

rut55

I now have a set of '68 seat backs and the brackets the straps at the rear attach to. Are there any other differences? The brackets don't appear to have an obvious attachment point to the '67 seat back frames, but I think the basic seats are the same '65 to '70. Any upholstery guys out there that can clear this up? Do I need to start over here?
Chuck Rutledge
Chuck Rutledge

Jake

Head restraints were not required until 1969. They were an extra cost option through the 1968 model year. Hardly anyone ordered them so pre-69 seats with head restraints are pretty rare. HTH

rut55

I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this. I have a set of '67 seats. I had the wrong seats installed when I purchased the vehicle 10 years ago, so I don't have any reference. The rear seat shows the same part no. in the book, so I think that's probably the same. The front seat cushion spring and frame is also the same part number. There is no listing for the seat back frame, but from the pictures I've seen, the top of the seat frame is different to account for the different trim covers. I have the strap brackets, trim and the hook from a '68, but I'll have to figure out just where they go, since the frames are different. I was just wanting to know if there is anybody out there that has run into this.

Also does anybody have a use for a decent set of seats for a 81-82 Coupe DeVille?
Chuck Rutledge