News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Tracing my 48 60S

Started by 4860S, September 28, 2012, 06:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4860S

Hi everyone.

14 months ago I purchased this Cavern Green 48 60S from North Carolina. the previous owner had no history for it other than he bought it from Florida.
I believe it to have been an east coast car all of its life, it shows no signs of salt exposure.

It has clearly been cared for, the interior is original other than carpet. Interior is 49C, Green Bedford Cord with black leather. It is body no 945. The only hint I have is the broken copper tag on the key fob. It looks as though it may have been in Massachusetts. Here are pics. I have no idea how old the key fob is.

I know this is probably a waste of time, but can anyone suggest how I might trace the history of my car?

Thanks
John

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

gregm

Beautiful ride.

The best place to start is the person who sold you the car. Hopefully he has a name and address, or at least city and state, for the person he bought it from and you have to trace backwards. Plenty of good search engines on line that can help you locate to someone but you need a name, at least a city and state, and a little bit of luck... 

The key fob might help if you can identify its origins in Mass. How about trying to locate Highland Glenn MFG (back of key fob) to see if still in business and who they made a Caddy key fob for in Mass?
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson