News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Status of Northeast (Sandy) members?

Started by Tim Pawl CLC#4383, October 31, 2012, 10:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Has anybody heard from members in Northeast regarding how they have survived the ravages of Sandy?    Tim Pawl CLC#4383

joecaristo

It was kind of a hit or miss storm. I'm 35miles north of Phila. pa. Most of my neighbors didn't lose power but some did. Wasn't as bad as expected. Some trees down and traffic lights out. Atlantic city and the Jersey shore got the worst of it. None of my cars received any damage or got wet. Lucky!
Joe Caristo

76eldo

Checking in.

Had some minor roof damage due to high winds.  We never got the amount of rain they predicted, so no flooding in my area. 

I live just outside of NE Philly.  LOTS of tree damage in the area with a lot of downed wires.  No power from 8:00 PM Monday through 9:00 PM Tuesday.

But, very fortunate and no garage problems at either garage.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Davidinhartford

I live in Hartford.   Just had lots of tree limbs come down, but I was lucky.     

One of my neighbors was not as lucky a couple blocks over.

It was the worst storm I ever recall.   There are still 400,000 without power around me.

Jeff Wilk

Guys, nothing hit or miss in NJ about this storm  worst on record. Shoreline devastated and map redrawn in spots. Death toll in tri-state over 50. Over 2million without power still and not expected back for 10+ days. Rail lines washed away. Tunnels into NY flooded by the ocean and rivers. Crane hanging from highrise in NYC.  Barrier Islands breached. Power outages resulting in gas being rare with lines over 3 1/2 hours long. Looting has begun in some spots and gas is being stolen from cars for use in portable generators.....and thats just a sample after 2 days For good local coverage try.  NJ.com

For all this bad there is of course the good as well with neighbor helping neighbor and strangers helping strainers. My son Alex is a first responder and that entire group of people really shine at these times.  And yes they really do run IN when others are running OUT. And they do save lives.

All in all we have a long haul ahead and the cars will take a back seat for a while

Keep the prayers coming!
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Davidinhartford

Good luck Jeff.  Our prayers are with you all.     Connecticut had a similar experience last October.    I was without power 6 days.  The entire state was without power and only two gas stations in Hartford had generators.  I waited in line for hours as well.   You just prayed a riot didn't break out.   People don't realize that the Cell towers don't work without power, so many people had no way to communicate as so many gave up their land lines.

Hopefully the weather stays fairly warm.   Last year I burned everything I could find in my fireplace to keep warm!

Keep us posted when you can.

~ Dave

Kevin Bielinski #13320

I'm in Brooklyn, NY about 2 miles away from the bridge to Staten Island. I also live on the highest point in all of Brooklyn. We had hardly any rain  around here but the winds were brutal. Irene was worse than this. My house was dry and I never lost power.  6 miles away to Manhattan as the bird flies , was a totally different story.
CLC Western Regions Vice President
1970 Coupe Deville
1973 Miller Meteor 3 Way
1976 Series 75 Sedan
1988 Flower Car
1971 Lincoln Mark III
1984 Lincoln Town Car
1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
2001 Lincoln Krystal Hearse

Past Vehicles
1971 Chevy Impala
1973 Chevy Monte Carlo
1973 Mercury Capri
1986 Lincoln Town Car
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis
1983 Buick LeSabre Limited

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Has anybody heard from Andy Zizolfo (Long Island,NY) or Larry Lesiger (Cherry Hill, NJ)?

Jeff Hansen

Just got an email from the Zizolfos.  They are OK!  Thankfully, no property damage and never lost power. 

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Gary McKinney

Not exactly northeast, but West Virginia instead.  Lots of snow, power out since Monday night, deep, heavy, wet snow, trees down everywhere.  Lost telephone, internet, and television.  I have a backup generator and wood stove, so despite going through lots of fuel and firewood, things are OK.  Got internet and telephone back today, should have power back before too long.  Garages all OK and Cadillacs are all fine.  Many others not so fortunate, thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Gary McKinney

1950 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
1966 Cadillac Eldorado

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Guys,

I’m in Central NJ. We had very little rain but as Kevin said the winds were brutal. The area was full of large old hardwood trees typically 70+ years old and they were devastated tipping over at the roots taking power lines with them.. No house damage in my immediate area and all souls safely accounted for.  It will be a long haul to clear the roads and rebuild the power grid.

My prayers go out to those who lost everything. Hopefully they’ve gotten to safety and shelter.

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Chasmann

Hello to fellow members.I live in Massapequa  Long Island N.Y.Thanks for your concern.My area didnt have that much rain lost power on Mon at 6 PM but no flooding.Power was restored on Thur around 4 PM .But parts of my town about a half of a mile from me are on the water.They were devasted many many homes lost or destroyed not from rain but the floods they are right on the bay side of the ocean.Boats strewn everywhere.Thank the LORD no fatalities in my town.I guess i will be buying a generator after this one.Was starting to get cold at nightime without heat.The fireplace only does so much.My neighbor was nice enough to run a line to me from his generator for the refrigerator.Also car survived.lol Thanks Charlie M.
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN