News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Curiosity

Started by Bryan Thompson, October 16, 2012, 07:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Thompson

I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

Davidinhartford

The ad says" The sunroof still exists but it was covered over by the previous owner. Not sure of the reason.

Perhaps the original buyer told the dealer he didn't want a sunroof as he had one before that leaked?    A savy dealer may have just replaced the top to cover it up and save the sale instead of ordering another car without one.   Just a theory.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I'd have liked an interior shot of the headliner to see what that looks like. Whoever replaced the vinyl roof did an excellent job though. The seller should probably just replace the dash switch assembly with one w/o the sunroof switch.

Very odd...
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

INTMD8

Quote from: ericdev on October 17, 2012, 10:00:38 AM
I'd have liked an interior shot of the headliner to see what that looks like.

It's there, seems untouched.

mgbeda

I once had a '76 CDV with a sunroof.  The headliner in front had a fiberglass panel that surrounded the sunroof and contained the motor.  It noticeably reduced the headroom.  I don't think you could just replace that with a regular headliner.  Also where would the headliner bows clip on in the area of the sunroof?  Those are attached about every foot.  The idea that the sunroof is still in there somewhere seems awful fishy to me.  I think it's more likely that the factory made a mistake and threw in an extra switch.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)