News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Value of '37 or '38 transmissions

Started by TomA, October 26, 2012, 04:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomA

Hi.  My dad passed away about 10 months ago, and someone stole a large amount of metal from his house and sold it for scrap.  Included in the pile were 2 '37 or '38 Cadillac/LaSalle transmissions.  The had been sitting in his garage since 1971.  The guy who stole the metal was arrested, but I need to provide the court with some estimate of the value of these things (otherwise I'm afraid the crime will be valued at the $85 he got for the metal).

Can anyone help me out with an estimated value?  (There were no bellhousings.)

Thanks,
Tom Amlie

harry s

Tom, There is a big difference in value between the '37 and '38 transmission. The '37 is a floor shift and would be valued somewhere around $1500. The '38 is a side shift or column shift and valued around $200 to $300. Hope this helps.     Harry Scott (4195)
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum