News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1968 Eldorado Front Motor Mount

Started by Forgiven1989, October 25, 2012, 12:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forgiven1989

Does anyone know where I can purchase a front motor mount for my 68 Eldorado?  Do they make after market ones?  I found where some companies rebuild the old ones at an enormous price.  Thanks.

waterzap

Are these motor mounts very different from the later model years?
I see the 78 motor mounts are still easily available for under $10. Looking at Rock Auto, the motor mounts look very similar, or do I have the wrong mounts?
Leesburg, AL

Glen

The motor mounts for the 68 -70 Eldorados is different from that shown in the Rock Auto catalog. 

There is one large mount in the front and two on the transmission. 

As far as I know the only thing you can do is have Lynn Steel re-vulcanize your old one.  I need to do that with mine too. 

In the picture below shows the motor mount (0.027) and the bracket (0.029). 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

TJ Hopland

Interesting.   Ya the 71-78 motor mounts are what I suppose you would call traditional for the era which is on the sides of the block.  That 68-70 looks like the original 1950's V8 mount layout which they got rid of in the late 50's.  Even stranger the 79-85 E body went back to that style.     
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

The Tassie Devil(le)

The Eldorado (FWD) has only one mount on the front and two at the rear of the engine, at the Chain Drive cover.  As Glen pictured.

The RWD cars have the two at the front, and one at the Transmission.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon