News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

$30.90 Shipping for Authenticity Manual?

Started by Doug Scarrow, October 26, 2012, 11:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Scarrow

I  just tried to order  a 1961/62 Authenticity Manual from the CLC website  . I live in Canada and was shocked at the only available shipping option was USPS Worldwide for  $30.90 .    The booklet is not much thicker than a Self Starter so why so much and is it possible a more sensible option is available to Canada?
Doug Scarrow

The Tassie Devil(le)

The trouble with anything posted out of USA is that it has to be Air Mail.

Canada is treated as a Foreign Country, as is Mexico, and no matter how far, or close from the USA Borders, it has to go Air.

With the Self Starter, there would be a concession rate, as it would be sent out in bulk.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

quadfins

I wonder what it would be some other method, like UPS or FedEx?
Ask Bill Anderson if that would work, and I can look into it.
Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

76eldo

I should not cost that much to send a flat envelope to Canada.
I have mailed things to Canada before and a book that does not weigh much should be well under $10.00.  US post office is the lowest price. FedEx or ups ill be more.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

62droptop

welcome to shipping to canada

i have a us address i ship pretty much anything i purchase in the usa  because of the stupidly high shipping to canada

a small package shipped ups usually ends up with a $75 broker fee also

i had a small 3 oz weight  envelope with some 2  fittings about the size of 2  3/8'' nuts shipped from california to me and was $21

where in the great north are you from

76eldo

Doug,

My email is " rachlin@comcast.net "   Email me for my home address.

Order it and have it shipped to me and i will mail it to you for actual USPS cost.  I have mailed product samples to Canada many times and I never spent more than a few dollars doing it.

regards,

Brian

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Roger Zimmermann

You are faced to almost the same problem I have. To ship a shop manual from the States to Europe costs $ 48.00 because the seller is using the USPS flat rate system. If I would order 3 or 4 manuals, the shipping price would be the same. I used to order many manuals at once, but now, the demand is so low that the customer asking for a manual has to bite the bullet.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Dan LeBlanc

Unfortunately, shipping costs to Canada have increased dramatically over the past couple years. When I bought my authenticity manual three years ago, shipping wasn't that bad. Well worth the price of admission though.

I also have a US address where I send stuff too. I live 1/2 hour from the Maine border and there's a place there where Canadians can have stuff sent to. He charges $3 and holds the package for up to two months. Since I'm there weekly for grocery, it's very covenient plus most of what I buy has free shipping if the order is large enough.

There are ways around it ;)
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car