News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

all original mint 69 vert with 29,00 miles and tough to locat 70 interior

Started by wrefakis, October 28, 2012, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrefakis

gotta love this one 181009689537
all original best in universe including a 1970 interior!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Good catch on the interior. Also noticed a good amount of pitting about the taillamp bezels.

Nevertheless the starting price seems fairly reasonable all things considered. Assuming you could get him to take $11-12K- that sure doesn't get you much these days in a ragtop- 3x black no less!  ;D  (Roy) lol
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

R Schroeder

Here you go Bob.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-CADILLAC-DEVILLE-CONVERTIBLE-TRIPLE-BLACK-PRISTINE-WE-EXPORT-/181009689537?forcev4exp=true

Eric, Better in Mulberry....................ha
Roy

I think I would have my doubts about the mileage on this one too. Looks like a re-paint. Interior seems dirty , and worn in spots . Shouldn't the trunk have some sort of liner in it.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Thanks Roy.
If you mean bayberry, I don't think so... or  nottingham ....
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

austingta

The tires are about worn out, and they surely aren't the originals. 29K? Naaa.

Frank in Austin
66 deVille Vert

cadillactim

If 29K, then why:

1. Are the seats worn that much?
2. Does the steering wheel has a cheap cover on it?
3. Are valve covers are rusty and black, not factory blue?
4. Is paint is too glossy to be original?
5. Aren't the correct "DeVille" emblems on the quarters?

Must have had a rough, rough life those 29K miles. Unless...
Tim Groves

Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

R Schroeder

Color of my car , Bob.
Mulberry.
Pulling Eric's leg.

936CD69

Perhaps a couple user name changes... Black Eric the Dev....and Mulberry Roy ...2 of my favorite posters, BTW
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

George D. Mukalian CLC # 10047

Here's what a 1969 Cadillac Deville should look like:
George D. Mukalian
CLC #10047

Tires definitely not original, nor are the wire wheel covers that didn't appear until '76. Obviously the car's a full redo and Cadillac Tim is 100% correct, the 'D' in "DeVille" should be upper, not lower case. Good catch again! I agree with Roy, the 29K mileage claim is highly questionable but if the body is straight (and it would be obvious if it's not- in black), if it's mechanically sound and a good undercarriage and presentable chrome, I still say the asking price isn't out of line. Not a car for the purist or perfectionist by any means but then again, $13K won't buy perfection in almost anything, let alone a RWD Cadillac convertible- 'specially in 3x black! Ok- Mulberry/elderberry/waxberry/teaberry/blueberry/strawberry/raspberry.... for my dear friend Roy!  ;D

-Thanks Craig  :)

62droptop

i thought this is what a 69 looked like

looks same as your car George
about 35 sec in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0

austingta

R Schroeder

Eric is getting too funny now........ha

Roy

Craig, watch out or he will have a name for you too.

62droptop

Quote from: 936CD53 on October 28, 2012, 07:26:02 PM
Perhaps a couple user name changes... Black Eric the Dev....and Mulberry Roy ...2 of my favorite posters, BTW

Have you ever met Eric in person,
i did a couple weeks ago at hershey and spent some time with him and some fellow 61-62 cadillac folk
if you like his posts,you should met Eric in person

quite the character
mr any colour you want ,as long as it is black

R Schroeder

I talk to Eric on the phone. I looked at a car for him , here in Milwaukee last year. We became friends through that deal. Never met him in person though. Maybe someday I'll stop by his place , and paint his cars for him....................ha

You guessed it. MULBERRY
Roy

Yes I really appreciate the effort Roy made for me in checking out a '77 Fleetwood in Milwaukee earlier this year I had been considering. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to return the favour one day. Actually Roy knows I do like the 3x Mulberry color combo on his car. I once had the identical twin to his car back in '90 and it was one of the finest condition Cadillacs I'd ever owned. It was literally an as-new car in every way.

As to my fellow "skegger" Wayne's comments- All I can say is who among that clan isn'ta character? LOL! Especially the "giver of the feast"- the gentleman Wayne knows exactly of whom I speak. Right Wayne?   ;) ;D

R Schroeder

Wow, was that this year I looked at that car. Thought it was last year. Getting to old to remember........ha

Roy

Scot Minesinger

I put in a question abouth this to the seller on e-bay.  If they answer, will let everyone know the response.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty